Therma-HEXX's concrete idea heating up
"We expect that ThermaPaver will open new markets for the architectural paver industry by converting a simple block of concrete into a productive, green, manageable building component," he said. "They will be especially attractive to those who want an invisible solar collector and have avoided using solar panels for aesthetic or space reasons."
He said ThermaPaver will also be an ideal solution for architects, builders, pool installers and consumers who have avoided pavers due to the inability to transfer energy in or out of them, such as for snow melting and cool roof applications.
Barmore said, since the couple moved back to New Hampshire after three decades in the Aspen area of Colorado, they have been blessed with one act of serendipity after another. They received invaluable assistance and mentorship from the Small Business Development Center. The $94,700 grant from the Green Launching Pad will help pay for two UNH interns — one an engineer and the other well-versed in intellectual property matters — and to help finance production of its custom-made systems that can be used around in every corner of the globe.
Barmore knows there are serious challenges ahead such as financing, on time manufacturing production, quality control and developing market share. While New Hampshire seems an unlikely place to potentially become the center of a new revolution to convert sitting concrete into usable energy, Barmore said he and his wife always dreamed of living near the ocean. "It's not the perfect place to build our product and to ship from," he said. "But quality of life is what matters."
- Top 10
- [2011-07-15]Himin Solar to expand environment-friendly business
- [2011-07-30]Solar water heater programme hits snags
- [2011-05-07]10th annual Energy Fair approaching
- [2011-08-15]Solar water heater
- [2011-09-05]Solar collector
- [2011-09-16]About solar water heaters
- [2011-09-27]China solar water heater installed over 100 million square meters area
- [2011-09-22]Makers advance CIGS thin-film solar battery production
- [2011-09-27]Solar collector From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- [2011-12-12]Air can heat pump response a low carbon economy power reduction